Over the years I have come to realize that I am better at writing my feelings and thoughts, than I am speaking them. And since I sometimes feel like a burden trying to talk to my family or friends, this may be the next best thing for me. I hope by reading this, you will share my joys, triumphs, failures and sorrows. Really get to know Jilly....

Friday, June 3, 2011

The year was 1995 and I was 16.  Junior at EHS.  Member of the Madrigals, Student Council, Swim Team, Drama, Choir....ect.  But we cant forget youth group at Church of the Open Door.  I was there every Wed night and Sunday morning.   I was an average student, I suppose.  Loved school, hated homework.  Still do to this day.

I met this young man who started coming to our youth group.  His name was Dan and he had his driver's license.  So of course he appealed to my sense of freedom :)  Besides, back then what my mom didnt know wouldnt hurt her (or me).  He lived in Oberlin and we would talk all the time.  I had trust issues back then and needed to be his center of attention at all times.  He was a wrestler and I think he played baseball as well.  I remember that I asked him to be my valentine that year and he hesitated. We started dating....I liked his family....my mom liked him....I was envious that he had a mom and a dad and a younger sister that he said was annoying LOL.  Things were great back then.  I really really was into him.

No comments:

Post a Comment